|Date Posted||June 1, 2020|
- Are you an experienced copywriter looking for a new challenge?
- Do you have a passion for sport and comedy writing?
- Want to work for one of the most dynamic marketing teams in the country?
At Sportsbet we challenge ourselves to create advertising that sets us apart from the competition - memorable, fun and oozing our brand personality.
That’s where you come in. The ideal candidate will work within our internal creative team as a part-time or full-time writer, generating brilliant ideas to answer multiple briefs across TV, radio, outdoor, print, retail, digital and social media.
We even like crap ideas, like when we paid out early on the ALP to win the Federal Election…
Reporting to the Creative Director, you will find yourself on TV ad shoots, in edit and recording studios, writers’ rooms and probably some sporting event with a cold beverage in hand.
You are a creative with experience working in an advertising agency, creative studio or as a freelancer.
You have a drawer full of scripts for hilarious TVCs or YouTube sketches, unique digital executions or a cheeky activation that will get tongues wagging all over Twitter, Breakfast TV and perhaps even Parliament.
You work well in a team of fellow writers, taking insights and ideas and pushing them to the best execution possible, as well as with designers, directors, brand stakeholders and other creative guns.
You have a keen and current interest in sports and wagering, but most importantly a proven record and passion for producing original ideas.
Sportsbet has the in-house capability to create big ideas and the ambition to compete when it comes to award-winning advertising work and memorable ideas.
Alongside the internal creative team, we have an internal video production unit and design studio capable of creating best-in-class content as well as a social media team famous for some of the funniest gear on the internet (check out our channel).
We also work collaboratively with external creative agencies, which gives us the scale and expertise to launch big, brand campaigns.
In summary, we want someone with;
- 3+ years relevant experience creating and reviewing content
- A genuine personality with low ego
- Proven creative ability – experience in an advertising agency, creative studio, marketing department or possesses a portfolio of award-winning creative work
- Copywriting – ability to produce clear, persuasive and original copy for various media
- The capacity to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Understanding of production process across various media
How to apply
Send a cover letter and link/copy of your work to email@example.com