|Date Posted||April 21, 2022|
Mona is an ideas organisation. Fortunately for you, one of our favourite places to express that philosophy is on social media – so prepare for lots of risk taking and compulsory creativity. The Mona Group is about 40 brands, including everything from the museum and music festivals to beers, wineries, recording studios, restaurants and a shop that makes genital shaped soaps. Some of our brands’ social activity is motivated purely by mischief making engagement, others by mucky ecomm conversion. Regardless, the mandatory is that whatever we do we’re always trying to innovate and ultimately learn something new. The role of Social Media Manager is to build on our success in social, optimise our strategy based on a ‘know by doing’ philosophy, take plenty of risks, and to do it all whilst enhancing Mona’s creative reputation. Our owner’s advice to us: ‘don’t drift to the middle’.
You’ll need… innovative social media skills, social strategy expertise, analytics expertise, media buying experience, an ability to brief creative and content teams, can upskill direct reports and adjacent teams (especially in analytics), plenty of commercial experience (ecomm conversion), you’ll be process driven (eg plan, brief, create and schedule content for multiple brands), have experience in crisis management, community management… and have a great sense of humour. Easy.
Nice to haves
If we’re being greedy, it would be great if you have elite writing skills, content creation chops (adobe suite, video editing, photography etc), and experience with social listening tools (we use Falcon).
That was the short list. Here’s the long list…
- Mona has 40 brands, not all have their own social channels, but lots of them do. You’re in charge of them. The biggies are The Museum of Old and New Art, Mona Foma, Eat Drink Mona, Moorilla and Moo Brew.
- We pump out a lot of campaigns and content, and many of our brands have an always-on philosophy. You’ll be busy.
- Don’t panic. You will be ably assisted by your Social Media Coordinator. You’ll also work closely with Mona’s Senior Marketing Managers who will help inform your evolving social strategies.
- The role liaises closely with Mona’s Head of Creative to deliver the killer content for your channels - Instagram, facebook, twitter, youtube, tiktok, LinkedIn… even Telegram. In fact you have a whole creative department and content studio ready to make you look good.
- The role requires you to fairly autonomously recommend, design and manage social campaigns – from scheduling and targeting, to optimising and reporting.
- You’ll use analytical tools to compile results and insights to inform future strategies.
- Support and facilitate increasing reach of Mona brands – beyond social to also include databases, websites and partnerships.
- You’ll use your social channel expertise to contribute to broader marketing strategy, as well as to spot opportunities to enhance the creative reputation of Mona’s brands.
- Experience – you’ll need a relevant tertiary degree and at least 5 years experience in the mucky world of social media. The more eclectic your experience the better.
- Creativity – we need excellent writing skills, a great sense of humour, a strong stomach, and ideally you love ideas and are experienced with generating them.
- Paid social – you’ve got experience on the tools, having run campaigns with Facebook’s Ads Manager (paid experience on platforms such as TikTok, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn a plus).
- Content creation – you’ll be using those writing skills, but the more content creation skills you have the more agile we can be.
- Collaboration – you’ll be working very closely with the creative department. So you will need to be experienced in briefing, collaborating and even producing creative comms.
- People skills – aside from leading the charge in how we interact online with our audience, you will also be building relationships with different parts of the business, as you gather information and insights to best perform your role. Being process driven and unflappable will assist with this.
- Attention to detail – your writing skills have to be unimpeachable. Similarly, the accuracy of our outputs needs to be bulletproof, so you’ll be detail obsessed and process driven.
- Comms – you’ll help prepare and shape briefs for your outputs
- Experience building paid digital campaigns across social, search and display
- Experience using Google and Facebook analytics
- Experience developing content from brief to rollout on a variety of platforms
- Experience managing Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitter, LinkedIn and TikTok platforms and communities.
Interested? Apply here with a cover letter and CV. Applications close 11 May at 9am.