|at The Pond (view profile)|
|Location||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||May 14, 2019|
If you are a senior, talented and innovative mobile APP / UI designer looking to work on one of New Zealand's largest pieces of mobile infrastructure, we can offer you the challenge and experience you are looking for. Wellington-based, this senior designer will join their existing team who are responsible for all new mobile app and interface designs.
You will be a highly efficient senior mobile designer who has commercial experience at a senior level in both iOS and Android platforms.
As an interface expert, you’ll also be working closely with other designers across different channels and platforms. Your primary goal will be to design the next generation of mobile app interfaces, provide insight into native interactions and design on iOS and Android platforms. Depending on the skillsets of other designers within your team, you may be expected to design for desktop experiences as well as app design.
This is an ideal role for an incredibly driven and passionate individual, keen to work on the "big stuff" and likes the idea of their smarts and work been in the hands of over 1 million users a day. The candidate will need to be meticulous and have a true natural flair in their design detail while having the ability to pick up the pace and be fast and efficient when required – a balance of both would be ideal!
- A senior level of commercial experience in mobile application design
- Responsive design standards, component-driven design
- Android and iOS platforms
- Interaction Design
- Obtain and evaluate user requirements in collaboration with project managers and engineers
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Develop UI mockups and prototypes that clearly illustrate how apps function and look like
- Design, management and maintenance of the Smarter iOS and Android applications
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness)
- Work alongside in-house iOS, Android and developers
- Responsible for managing the entire user flow and experience of the mobile apps from concept to creation including:
- User research
- Feature planning
- User flow creation
- Wireframing and mapping
- Design and branding
- Content and asset design
- User testing
- Tertiary qualification (preferred)
Personality & Culture Fit:
- Self-driven and motivated
- Happy working in a smaller office or at clients premises
- Positive, personable, with a calm attitude
- Confident team player
- Driven to achieve design excellence
Salary Range & Benefits:
- $90 – $120K + Kiwisaver pending experience
- Quick career development opportunities
- Great perks package
- Put your name to one large NZ application
- Work with a talented and friendly nationwide team
- Central location, Wellington
Commencement & Ideal start date:
Mid-June 2019 (Notice periods are not a problem)
Let Hayden Baker and The Pond agents help you realise your global market value and future career potential in Wellington, New Zealand.
Apply today, or get in touch for a private conversation about your career and how this role may help take it to the next level, for more information e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 022 699 1772.