|at Example (view profile)|
|Location||Rushcutters Bay, Australia|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2021|
We build hospitality, lifestyle and entertainment brands, campaigns and experiences that lead culture.
Now in our fifth year, Example have created unique PR and communications campaigns that market themselves for clients including Diageo, The Star, QVB, The Strand, The Galeries, Koko Black, Grill’d and Merivale. We hold court in any medium where people are connecting and talking - in placemaking, PR, social, experiential, influencers, and media relationships.
And we’re just getting started. We’re expanding our offering to create the Example World creator community, and Example Labs incubator for business opportunities creating our own brands.
This is an exciting and integral role within Example; one which will see you work across most of the agency’s clients and participate and drive strategy and planning work output.
You will be part of a team developing brand, marketing, communication and creative campaign strategies and plans for clients, as well as market and industry reports, and Example-branded white-papers to support new business and show the agency’s knowledge and leadership.
Day-to-day you will:
- Work with our Head of Strategy & Planning to develop / oversee the delivery of insightful brand strategies, marketing strategies and marketing plans
- Work with our Creative Director to develop / oversee the delivery of strategy-aligned creative executional ideas
- Oversee delivery of any marketing executional work, including briefing / managing both in-house teams (e.g. specialists, strategists, creatives, etc) and external third-party suppliers (e.g. media buying agencies, printers, content creators, etc)
- Report on all marketing executional activity and results
- Provide strategic client consultancy, cultivating strong client relationships and developing trust
What you’ll be doing
Strategy & Planning:
- Work closely with our Head of Strategy & Planning (and/or freelance strategists or planners when required) to collate research, run workshops and focus groups, and formulate insight-driven, bespoke and forward-thinking brand and marketing strategies and plans for clients
- Work closely with our Creative Director (and/or freelance creatives when required) to develop creative and executional briefs informed by strategy, ideate new marketing & communications executional activities and campaigns (using strategic foundations to rationalise recommendations), and prepare all necessary planning documentation (including timelines, critical paths, budgets, requirements scopes and resourcing allocations)
- Work closely with our PR Specialists to input marketing recommendations into communication plans, and/or to input communication recommendations into marketing plans
- Prepare market and industry reports to support new business and show Example’s knowledge and leadership
- Contribute to agency-wide strategic thinking and approach, while also knowledge sharing and upskilling the broader Example Team on strategic thinking
- Oversee the delivery of integrated marketing campaigns and tactics (from scheduling internal resource, to briefing them and reporting), ensuring everything is delivered on-time and on-budget - this covers the full spectrum, for example convincing wholesalers to contract with the client, training sales agents on behalf of the client, generating consumer appeal / shifting perceptions, keeping audiences engaged and building momentum, etc
- Manage, and help source (when required), appropriate external third-party partners
- Take on responsibility for checking all work output by both in-house teams and external third-party suppliers (reviewing and providing feedback on copy, creative design, advertising schedules, content shoots, etc), and ensuring all work output meets Example’s quality standards and delivers on client expectations
- Negotiate partnership activity with stakeholders and third party brands / organisations
- Deliver assets and requirements for all paid marketing activity, working with media owners to achieve return on investment
- Attend and represent your clients at relevant industry / consumer events and/or organise and run client-owned industry / consumer events
- Report on marketing activity, inclusive of results and tracking against KPIs
What you’ll bring
- 6+ years experience working in a similar strategy and planning role
- Comprehensive understanding of marketing channels and tactics (mandatory requirement) - first hand experience using a CRM and email marketing platform(s), online training tools, Facebook Business Manager / Facebook Ads, Google Ads and Google Analytics will be seen as favourable, even though you will not necessarily be expected to use these tools
- Fluent and articulate English speaker and writer, and confident presenter (mandatory requirement)
- Rigorous, detail-oriented and highly-organised approach to managing work and deadlines
- Relentless quest to produce and deliver excellence (work output and results)
- Proactive self-starter while also being a team player
- Fun, friendly and supportive personality
What we’ll bring
- Competitive salary, with a target bonus and impressive benefits package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wellness programs like yoga, EAP and other initiatives
- Paid training, tuition and mentoring programs to support your development
We take great pride in our company culture, and love working in a dynamic, ambitious and fun work environment. We see our success and growth as a partnership and believe that people thrive on trust, freedom and responsibility. We work collaboratively, share openly, don’t believe in long working hours, and know that taking a break or working from home can lead to better work.
Example are committed to diversity and inclusion, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, education, or disability status.