|Location||Melbourne or Sydney, Australia|
|Date Posted||August 15, 2017|
Gemba is the authority in Sport & Entertainment, and we’re currently looking for an enthusiastic Marketing Coordinator to join our Marketing division. Based in either Sydney or Melbourne, this is an exciting opportunity to bring your A-game to a market leading business in the most dynamic of industries.
Gemba is a leading Sports & Entertainment consultancy with offices in Australia, New Zealand and Asia and an enviable client list across the sporting, entertainment and consumer goods sector.
Our Marketing team works with brands to understand and identify how they can connect with their target audience through Sport and Entertainment. We achieve this through a considered and rigorous approach that is underpinned by consumer insights.
Outstanding people and culture are at the heart of our business and we judge ourselves on actions and behaviours. We take our values seriously. We measure them, hold ourselves accountable and hire accordingly. We invest in our people by offering a wide range of employee benefits designed to provide a positive, fun and balanced work/life experience.
What is the role?
Based in Melbourne or Sydney, the Marketing Coordinator is part of the Marketing Strategy team. They will work on the development and implementation of sport and entertainment Marketing programs, as well as the delivery of Consumer and Market Insights to support Client Projects. The role encompasses both creative, and strategic, problem solving.
Additionally you will be responsible for building strong working relationships with Gemba clients and key rights holders, implementing internal marketing and communications projects and managing external vendors to ensure the optimal profitability on projects and contributing to the collation and distribution of market insights.
Who are we looking for?
Our new Marketing Coordinator will be tertiary qualified and have 1-2 years’ experience in the execution of marketing communications (i.e. Media, Advertising, Sponsorship, PR). You’ll thrive in a dynamic environment, working across a multitude of tasks simultaneously. We’re looking for an energetic, career-minded individual with excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and a general understanding of marketing, media and business disciplines.
- 1-2 years’ work experience in a marketing or insights role
- Experience in the execution of marketing communications (i.e. Media, Advertising, Sponsorship, PR)
- General understanding of marketing, media and business disciplines, with relevant tertiary qualifications
- General involvement in the development of strategies based on insights
- Understanding of both quantitative and qualitative research methods and the appropriate uses
- Good understanding of the key success factors for brands in achieving their objectives through sport and entertainment
- Experience liaising with brand clients, external vendors and/or rights holders
- Experience of working with research, advertising, media and PR agencies preferred
- Strong analytical capability (proficient user of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint)
- The ability to think creatively
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable project, stakeholder and time management skills
- It’s a great opportunity to kick-start your career with this fast moving and successful business that is breaking new ground in the industry.