|at Example (view profile)|
|Location||Rushcutters Bay, Australia|
|Date Posted||August 16, 2021|
We build hospitality, lifestyle and entertainment brands, campaigns and experiences that lead culture.
Now in our fifth year, Example have created unique brand, marketing and PR campaigns that market themselves for clients including Diageo, Merivale, Grill’d, Koko Black, The Star, Brewdog and Peru Tourism to name a few. We hold court in any medium where people are connecting and talking - in experiential, placemaking, PR, social, influencers, and the creator economy.
And we’re just getting started. We’re expanding our offering to create the Example World creator community, and Example Labs incubator for business opportunities from influencer brands.
We’re looking for a conceptual Copywriter to concept and create some killer communications campaigns on a full-time or part-time basis, depending on what works for you.
Conceptually, you’re interested in campaigns that are rebellious, subversive, bold and compelling. You want to create progressive work that is part of pop culture, and create a dialogue with consumers or influence opinion. You get that everything - from music clips to water-filled sneakers - is a channel, and want to make ideas that generate their own headlines, attention, and reshares on TikTok. (And maybe you feel that advertising agencies are a bit too traditional and constrained to do this.)
Example is where you can make work that’s different.
What you’ll be doing
Working alongside an Art Director, and reporting to the Creative Director and Chief Creative Director, you’ll be responsible for creating campaigns from concept through to execution, across all our clients and brands, in a fast-paced environment.
- Concept, develop and execute campaign ideas
- Ideate insightful, bold and culturally progressive campaigns, stunts, social posts and placemaking concepts that drive earned reach and engagement, using feedback from the team to hone your ideas, reviewing closely with the Creative Director to make them a reality
- Sell in ideas through presentation decks and idea boards, presenting them to clients
- Work closely with the Creative Producer and third party suppliers including talent and directors to oversee execution of creative assets
- Write compelling and concise copy and content for our clients and the agency
- Translate concepts into incisive and emotionally resonant copy that connects to consumers and media, shifting between different brand tones of voices.
- Producing short and long form creative copy for a variety of formats - from proposal presentations, to DM kits, event wayfinding, social media calendar posts, content scripts, and influencer briefs.
What you’ll bring
- 1-3 years experience in a conceptual role in a high-paced environment, with a professional writing, editorial or copy background.
- Strong conceptual thinking with an inherent understanding of viral and earned/shareable ideas, demonstrated in a portfolio of conceptual work.
- A deep understanding and passion for language, and the fluency to articulate and craft compelling narratives.
- A bowerbird-like interest in a variety of topics, and an on-trend understanding of current cultural movements, styles of contents, new platforms and current affairs issues.
- A high level of attention to detail.
Teams that fit the criteria matching our Art Director role are encouraged to apply.
What we’ll bring
- Competitive salary, with a target bonus and impressive benefits package
- Flexible working arrangements
- Wellness programs like yoga, Employee Assistance Programs and other initiatives
- Paid training, tuition and mentoring programs to support your development
We take great pride in our company culture, and love working in a dynamic, ambitious and fun work environment. We see our success and growth as a partnership and believe that people thrive on trust, freedom and responsibility. We work collaboratively, share openly, don’t believe in long working hours, and know that taking a break or working from home can lead to better work.
Example are committed to diversity and inclusion, and do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, education, or disability status.