|at The Pond (view profile)|
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
Are you an intermediate Designer who’s worked across the FMCG industry and knows the ins and outs of getting an idea conceptualized and production-ready?
You might be who we need!
We’re on the lookout for a hungry, young designer who’s put in the hard yards for 2-3 years and is ready to launch their career forward and learn from the best in the industry. This role sits in a growing, successful studio that works under the radar, kicking goals and forging years’ worth of long-standing relations with internationally recognised retail clients around the country and the world.
The ideal candidate needs to have sound commercial experience within the FMCG sector and a solid pre-press understanding. This person should have a craft-focused design eye; able to take a brief from conception all the way to the finished production-ready status – all the while ensuring that the clients’ expectations are met. Needless to say, you’ll be proficient in all things design; POS, packaging, ideation, layout and last but not least, real world FMCG packaging.
This studio had long standing equity and reputation for impeccable client relationships. As such, someone who fills this role must also be a whiz at client communication, be verbally eloquent, and write well in reports and proposals.
As our client is a powerhouse packaging agency, sip a cup of tea alongside your mentors as you delve into the world of packaging design and discuss the design nuances of the latest new product on the shelves of New World and Farro.
If you like what you’ve read so far, take charge, step up your career, and read on.
We are looking for a specialist designer with:
- Min 4+ years’ working in a design agency
- Experience working in FMCG packaging design
- Proven client engagement abilities
Some responsibilities include…
- Ability to create and execute conceptual work
- Experience across various FMCG design touchpoints i.e. Instore and POS roll out
- In-depth understanding of the print process across all methods
- Efficient on the tools, and deadline-driven
- Organising file management with clear and detailed processes
- Confidence managing your own work pipeline to deliver projects simultaneously
- Great communication skills – ability to speak to clients, and forge good relationships
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop)
Are you someone who is…
- Passionate about seeing your work on shelves?
- Creative, with the technical expertise to back yourself?
- Strong communicator – verbal and written?
- Client-service focused?
- Salary $75,000 - $80,000 per annum + KiwiSaver
- Large, social studio
- Variety of large, well-known clients
- New Mac computer & station
- Team perks – morning tea provided daily
- Relevant tertiary design qualification (desirable)
This is a pivotal career opportunity within a well-established FMCG agency that flies under the radar. This role offers the opportunity to grow your career work on diverse projects, in new disciplines, interesting dynamic clients, and work close to management where you can receive their mentorship from the best in the industry.
If this role appeals, apply now or e-mail email@example.com with a brief summary of why you may be interested. Or call Anna directly on 027 8449 107 for a confidential chat.
About The Pond
The Pond is committed to becoming New Zealand’s number one specialist recruiter in the Digital & Tech, Creative & Design, and Marketing, Sales & Media sectors. We focus on finding the best candidates in the local and overseas market, that last the distance and help transform our clients’ businesses. Established in 2006, The Pond is driven by a dedicated team of experienced recruiters and support team who get results for clients daily. Our audited placement average is 4.4 years, so the people we place do stick.