|Location||Auckland, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||February 21, 2021|
Sweetshop New Zealand (Auckland)
The role of Director Assistant is primarily to support directors with their pitches and productions. To creatively assist a director in the pitching of commercials and on shoots as required.
A Sweetshop in-house DA is ideally the first choice for directors on pitches. The more in demand a DA, the greater the ability to shadow a director on a production and grow in your role as DA. The job description on offer is to gain experience in both pitching and on set experience. As a company, we are providing you with training on the job and an understanding of the industry (agencies) together with opportunities to grow your skill set as a DA.
- A solid understanding of the storytelling process
- Filmmaking experience
- Has a good knowledge of design, graphic fundamentals, typography & layouts
- Someone who is fluent in Adobe Photoshop and Indesign
- Basic editing skills in Final Cut Pro or Premier Pro
- High level of experience in visual research
- Creative & contemporary knowledge of the arts for visual research
- Passion, integrity, reliability, resourcefulness and enthusiasm
ASSISTING DIRECTORS ON PITCHES
- Design and layout of treatments
- Brainstorming with Director’s
- Editing material for reference (ie. Storyboards, film links, music links)
- Creating animatics and mood films
- Spell and Grammar check treatments on final WIPs
- Layout of both art dept and wardrobe reference (wardrobe check imagery)
- Casting assistance (selecting headsheets for BG roles)
- Uploading content to Wire Drive (WD) on active jobs (Casting, reference, locations)
- PPM document preparation for agency meetings
- Filming and editing ‘making of’ videos from a production
- Onset photography
- Create Initial job folders on WD for productions
- Archive WD folders not in use – saving data/space on WD account
- Photography at events
- Design / Invitations for TSS functions
- Managing Sweetshop's location database (retrieving key location images and database log)
- Other Office requests as required
- Interest in film and film language
- Understanding of film genre’s
- Ability to work with various creative personalities on the roster
- Working in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solver
- Ability to work autonomously and prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate effectively
We’re a global boutique production company with eight fully-serviced offices all over the globe, with an emphasis on local. We’re a company whose work aims to capture the energy and emotions of the human experience through craft and storytelling. A company that truly values the people. These are our principles - we succeed because of them.
Start Date: Monday 22nd March 2021.
Please apply via Linked or email Ben Dailey email@example.com and Kate Roydhouse firstname.lastname@example.org