|at Garvan Institute of Medical Research|
|Date Posted||August 7, 2019|
/ ABOUT US
The Garvan Institute of Medical Research is a multi-disciplinary biomedical research facility working to create a healthier future for everyone affected by disease.
We have 600 scientists working, collaborating and pioneering investigations into the diseases that have the biggest impact on society. Our researchers investigate the origins, diagnostic markers and therapeutic targets of disease with the ultimate aim of improved treatment, early diagnosis, prevention and cure of disease.
The Garvan Research Foundation is the fundraising and marketing arm of the Garvan Institute of Medical Research, tasked with raising and administering vital funds from private individuals, trusts and foundations, and corporate and community groups.
The Marketing and Communications team of the Foundation serves as brand ambassadors for the Institute and the focal point in writing and editing a wide range of scientific, educational, promotional, and marketing content; as well as thought leadership, that supports the Foundation’s overall supporter growth and brand strategies.
/ ABOUT YOU
Reporting to our Senior Digital Officer, you will help amplify Garvan’s data insights by writing content for landing pages, web articles, and social media posts that highlight and promote key research areas, videos, campaigns, and other forms of content.
You are, and love being a digital content all-rounder. With a highly collaborative approach and a demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with all levels of an organisation, you will easily leverage the subject matter expertise of various stakeholders with your individual editorial knowledge and SEO skills to make all digital and social content relevant, differentiated, thought-provoking, actionable, and on-brand.
You will also have a strong presence (appropriate for in-depth interactions with colleagues across various levels of the Foundation; and the Garvan Institute). Not only are you able to communicate with a confident and knowledgeable voice about what constitutes effective writing and social media usage in the highly competitive online community; but we’re crossing our fingers that you’ll also know how to navigate the non-profit & scientific industries as well!
/ ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
This is a fixed-term, 12 month contract role with a strong likelihood of extension.
/ THE BREAD & BUTTER OF BEING OUR DIGITAL COORDINATOR
- Work with subject matter experts to develop thought leadership content, effectively enhancing their words while maintaining voice and brand alignment.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing & Communications team and various stakeholders in the Foundation and Institute. This includes supporting marketing campaigns & activities, providing social media support, and EDMs.
- Work collaboratively with the Fundraising team to support digital fundraising efforts.
- Apply your knowledge of Google Analytics to optimise content and implement strategies for increasing engagement and retention.
- Provide content production and design support using the Institute's content management system, and the timely and accurate publishing of content.
- Use your HTML and CSS skills to maintain standards and functional content.
- Implement best practice approaches to web content, including human-centred and mobile-first design principles, and championing engaging, readable content with strong SEO flair.
- Oversee the digital inbox and respond to staff queries and business-as-usual updates to the website and related channels.
If you have a minimum of 3 years’ experience writing for the web, are degree qualified and/or have equivalent experience in digital, journalism, marketing, communications, or a related discipline then we’d love to hear from you.
/ HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted via the Garvan Careers website, which can be accessed via the following link: https://garvan.applynow.net.au/jobs/GC201960
/ IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED
Your application must include:
- A cover letter addressing the selection criteria above (maximum one page).
- An up-to-date version of your CV (maximum of two pages).
- Contact name, title, company, number, and email address of two referees.
Recruiters, thanks for thinking of us but we have this one covered. Cheers!