|at The Creative Store (view profile)
|January 16, 2024
Are you a creative problem solver and naturally curious?
Do you have at least 8 years of design agency experience, and the ability to implement design strategy?
Can you design across various channels, lead and mentor a team, and independently conceive creative ideas, with a strong understanding of brand development?
We have an amazing opportunity to join this unique design and creative platform and events business, as their Design Director to assist in leading all their creative output. Our client a global leading and most respected creativity and design festival, including Asia Pacific.. They have positioned themselves as an integral part of the global design economy and have become a multi-faceted business encompassing a global festival series, a brand studio, and an event production house.
Based in their Sydney design studio - you will join their dedicated team in a full-time capacity. This is an exciting period of transition for the company, and they are looking for a dynamic, motivated and creative individual to contribute to the success of their portfolio of events and client projects. This role is all-encompassing and requires a person who knows how to ideate compelling, original creative concepts and bring them to life across a diverse variety of channels, from physical and print to digital and social.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the ideation of creative concepts and lead the development and rollout of brand campaigns and content for their owned properties and their suite of clients, including the translation of business and marketing objectives into designs that are compelling, visually dynamic and original, with outputs including, but not limited to:
- Campaign material
- Event collateral
- Social media assets
- Book publishing
- Brand identities and design systems
- Adherence to creative briefs, budgets and schedules
- Sell ideas through pitch decks and presentations in a client-facing capacity
- With the Global Creative Director and Creative Strategist, contribute to the ideation and development and rollout of experience design, including:
- Stage and spatial design for creativity and design events;
- Signage and wayfinding;
- Art direction of video content and sound design.
- Lead a small, growing team of junior and mid-weight designers and art directors, as well as freelance contractors, managing regular reviews and mentorship sessions that contribute to their long-term growth within the business.
Experience You will Bring:
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with some of this gained from an agency environment
- Can understand and implement strategy from a design perspective
- High level of competency with design applications and technology including Photoshop, InDesign, After Effects, Illustrator, Keynote, and CMS interfaces
- Intermediate knowledge of — or willingness to upskill — in 3D modelling and video animation is advantageous
- Experience designing across multiple disciplines / channels, e.g. digital, video, social, animation, print
- A strong understanding of brand (experience developing brand identities and creating a brand experience)
- Has experience leading and mentoring junior staff and contractors
- A demonstrated ability to conceive creative ideas independently as well as collaboratively
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
If you have the live event experience and love being hands-on the design, mentoring a creative team and bringing amazing ideas to life - this truly is an exceptional company to be part of.
Send your CV and work to James Hunter at The Creative Store. Email James@thecreativestore.com.au, or call The Creative Store on (02) 8278 7514 for more details.
Visit The Creative Store website www.thecreativestore.com.au to view all our jobs online.
Due to the volume of applications, we can only reply to candidates who are suitable for our current roles.