|at Activ (view profile)|
|Date Posted||April 28, 2017|
- Great time to join a market leader experiencing sector change
- Wembley location with parking and excellent salary packaging options
- Autonomous role within a high energy team
We’d like to introduce Activ:
If you haven’t met Activ yet, allow us to introduce ourselves. For over 65 years, Activ has supported thousands of people living with disability on their journey to a better life. Proudly Western Australian, Activ was established in 1951 by families of children with disability who had the courage and vision to know their children deserved better and could offer so much more.
With supports and services designed to meet individual needs and goals, we are proud to support our customers on their journey to live the life they want to live. We listen loudly to our customers, we learn, we evolve, we get better, we act.
Why you’ll choose Activ:
Activ is a sector-leading, established organisation seeking like-minded individuals to join us in supporting people with disability to achieve their goals, during a period of significant change as the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is rolled out across the state.
We understand that living and working with disability is both challenging and rewarding, and commit to supporting you to provide the best experience for our customers and be responsive to their needs. We commit to doing this by ensuring that our people have role clarity, a united sense of purpose and the right balance of accountability and decision-making ability at the local level.
Why you’ll choose this job:
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive communication plans of a contemporary nature to deliver high impact results for Activ. The role has responsibility for managing the expectations of internal and external stakeholders and ensures key messaging is appropriate to further Activ’s brand.
Key duties include:
- Managing internal and external communications strategies, frameworks and campaigns
- Increasing Activ’s profile across media, partners and stakeholders
- Supporting Activ’s Executive team to develop key messages and build community profiles
- Monitoring and reporting on media coverage and crisis communications
- Managing media and PR relationships
What you’ll need?
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications (or related field)
- Significant experience in a Communication or PR role (minimum 3 years)
- Demonstrated experience with the planning and implementation of internal and external communication strategies
A few extras to help you decide:
You will receive a competitive salary, including generous salary packaging benefits, and professional development opportunities.
We take a “person-centred” approach to recruitment by encouraging our customers to be involved in the hiring process. To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to submit your resume and covering letter. We look forward to receiving your application. Confidential inquiries should be directed to Nada Dixon, Resourcing Manager, on 08 9387 0505.
To deliver the best service for our customers we strive toward a workforce that reflects the diverse community that we support. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Activ may remove advertising and/or commence the recruitment process prior to the application close date of
4 May 2017. Reference 281247.