|Location||Wellington, New Zealand|
|Date Posted||May 17, 2017|
* Flexible part-time role to fit your life * Central city location * Creative production, video and arts industry *
Storybox is a well established creative agency located in Wellington City. Following considerable change and growth in the last two years, we are looking for a Business Manager to continue to deliver quality financial and business support that ensures the owner’s visions are realised.
Storybox is an award winning agency and was a Finalist in the 2016 Wellington Gold Awards - Creative Sector. We have done projects nationally and internationally, including China, Portugal and the UK.
Our offices are in the Cuba Quarter of Wellington with views over the harbour.
The Business Manager role covers a wide variety of responsibilities and duties in relation to running the ‘engine room’ of this exciting and dynamic company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Finance: budgeting, forecasting, reporting, year end, compliance and legislation, cashflow, liaison with external accounting personnel, production/project accounting, budgetary control, analysis, presentation of results, risk identification and reduction.
- Business: company legislation, business strategy and planning, monitoring, business models and company policies and procedures.
- People Management: best practice and legislative compliance, recruitment, contracts, onboarding, monitoring, reviewing, training and development, motivation and coaching, performance management, conflict management and exit procedures.
- Compliance and administration: Health & Safety, contracts, terms of trade, leases, insurance, analyse website and other marketing statistics, analyse and feedback on customer surveys, inventory and facilities management, risk analysis and reduction, oversee office administration and proofread documents.
Key Personal Attributes
- A competent and adept advisor, with the ability to take a strategic, operational and innovative approach to driving best commercial management across projects and business.
- Has strong professional ethics and has confidence in making decisions in the best interests of the company.
- Ability to maintain high work ethic in an environment of ambiguity, inconsistency and rapid changes.
- Owns decisions and is accountable; consults with people; accesses information and analyses facts from a broad viewpoint; identifies core principles, and applies them consistently to decisions.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- High level of thoroughness and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to present analytical results in visual and graphical format for presentation to the team.
- Self starter and self motivated.
- Able to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- A keen and co-operative team player.
Skills, qualifications and experience - required
- 4+ years’ experience in a commercial business.
- Knowledge of corporate governance and general management best practices.
- In-depth knowledge of financial, taxation, company and employment regulation and legislation.
- Financial and business analysis experience.
- Advanced Excel skills and experience of Xero or similar financial system.
Skills, qualifications and experience - desirable
- Minimum bachelor’s degree/qualification in Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Management or Law.
- Qualified Accountant with 3+ years’ PQE.
- 2+ years’ experience in a creative, arts or agency environment.
- Knowledge of industry regulation and guidelines (e.g. ‘Pink’ and ‘Blue’ books).
- Knowledge of NZOA reporting and compliance requirements.
- Experience of running an SME.
We are offering this role as 28 hours per week over a five-day week. The gross (FTE) salary offered is $85,000 pro-rated to the part-time hours. There is the potential for the role to become full-time in the future.
Applications close at 12pm on Monday 22nd May with interviews expected to be later that week. We would hope for a start date in early June to allow hand-over.
To apply please submit a copy of your Curriculum Vitae along with a cover letter explaining how your skills and experience meet our requirements and how you would be perfect for our role.
Please note: this is not a production role and is not intended to lead to any role in production.
For a detailed job description or further information, please contact Raxa on firstname.lastname@example.org.