|at Woody Media (view profile)|
|Date Posted||October 27, 2015|
Hello! Have you ever wanted to work in an entertainment start-up established to do good rather than help sell “faulty” diesel reporting systems on das automobiles?
woody is about entertainment for change and we support our clients to deliver the most compelling, enthralling, funny and emotional content about the work they’re doing to make the world a better place for all of us. Want to know what that looks like, then do a bit of sleuthing and you’ll find our work online. (Ok, here’s a couple to get you started, like THIS and THIS – but seriously, to work with us you should be able to use the google search tool on your own).
We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director to work as deputy alongside our Creative Director. You’ll need a hyper-creative brain, an eye for execution and also the ability to coordinate resources and talent to ensure the final execution is awesome*.
Working with us means that you’ll be part of a team that is changing the way businesses and not-for-profits doing good in the world tell their stories. We make creative, engaging content for every medium and come up with the strategy to support its distribution far and wide.
Is woody Secretly Evil?
No. In fact if this was a Bond movie you’d get a 00 in front of your name or a random letter from the alphabet. What you’ll find when you work with us is:
- Work with a purpose. We won’t ask you to help Ronald McDonald achieve his dream of 100% child obesity or to make burning coal seem sexy. We’re more about finding ways to talk about the values that drive people to protect the environment and its critters, championing human rights and standing up against a politics of fear – you know the kind of stuff people say they care about at dinner parties.
- A fun team. Colleagues you can count on. Individuals you might even want to have a beer with, do some yoga or shoot with a Nerf gun – it’s all the same at the end of the day….
- Creativity. We love it. Having fun and thinking idealistically while we work to make the world better – bring it on**!
Below is what you’ll be doing on any given day:
- Set the creative vision for client projects and manage the creative team’s culture and quality standards;
- Do some writing, creatively;
- Attract, recruit and retain talent;
- Ensure quality of creative output from client presentations through production and post;
- Write some more;
- Collaborate with strategy, media, account and business development teams to create and develop new business opportunities;
- Take a lead role in presentations to both existing and potential clients;
- Participate in career path development of creative staff;
- Present ideas to the Creative Director for approval – taking feedback to ensure content is going to be as creative, entertaining and on-brand as possible;
- Work with post production teams to oversee the creation of the final version(s);
- Ensure content is ready for final approvals and delivered within agreed timeframes;
- Devise ideas for graphics with the design team; and
- Mario Kart.
Congratulations you’ve made it this far, so what about you?
We don’t really care what your background is but honestly having 4 + years production or agency experience (or something comparable) is a massive plus.
What we care about is that you have the skills and initiative to think strategically and creatively while being super attentive to detail.
Even More about You:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines, and are always thinking two steps ahead of everyone else;
- Not afraid to speak your mind;
- Have a sharp eye for the short attention-grabbing lines, but always with the long-term overall strategy in mind;
- Detail orientated****;
- Crazily curious and more than keen to make the world a better place;
- Passion for, and experience in, producing content (TVCs, Film, Corporate, digital), design, copy and an eagerness to mentor and elevate other creative professionals;
- Experience in content delivery and post production services;
- Experience leading a team of designers, production specialists and writers to creative excellence;
- Well-developed communication skills including the ability to articulate creative concepts and rationale to other team members and clients;
- Experience presenting to clients, including new business pitches; and
- Can summarise this job notice into a paragraph or two.
Traditional (i.e. boring but important) desired skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational, written and communication skills;
- Understanding of core online and digital technologies;
- Project management skills with the ability to multi-task, deliver on time and on budget;
- Being able to sell creative and BIG ideas, whilst working with many departments to deliver the client's brief;
- Be of this astral plane, and not some trans-dimensional being whose attitude to humanity is one of detached ambivalence;
- Computer literate across all the usual things: word, excel, the power button;
- Extensive knowledge and networks within in the broadcast and advertising sectors;
- Demonstrated ability to produce projects and initiatives - planning, problem solving, meeting deadlines, reporting and evaluation;
- Attention to detail; and
- Content production experience is a must.
Salary, Benefits and Some Perks: Yep, even if the above sounds too good to be true, on top of that you’ll get paid (the salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience). If I didn’t already work here even I’d apply.
** this is not a reference to the Kirsten Dunst film from 2000 (although we like that too).
*** during brainstorming, in meetings, while grabbing a coffee, in the shower, mid knitting, or while undertaking a competitive game of Twister – whatever works for your creative process.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter detailing why you'd like to work for us to email@example.com with the subject line "Associate Creative Director".