|at The Gemba Group (view profile)|
|Date Posted||August 4, 2021|
What gets you out of bed in the morning?
The idea of working with big brands on exciting projects and the best sports and entertainment properties in Australia?
How about being part of a dynamic, supportive and curious agency culture? Maybe surrounding yourself with smart, collaborative professionals, all striving for the best work every day?
Then come and be our newest Account Manager at Gemba’s Sydney office.
We need your help to deliver great work across a wide variety of marketing mediums. You’ll need three or more years of experience, ideally in an agency where you’ve managed clients and projects from start to finish, so you know how client/agency relationships work.
You’ll be pretty excited about helping big brands tell great stories through Sport & Entertainment, leveraging some of the biggest sponsorships in the country via brand activations, digital, social, experiential and much more.
What’s the role?
Based in Sydney and reporting to a Senior Account Director, you will be responsible for managing a set group of clients and helping them deliver marketing communications through sport and entertainment sponsorship properties.
- Being a key-contact for our amazing clients – unpacking briefs, understanding their challenges and managing projects from go to woah, from kick-off to project review
- Collaborating with our great creative team to help develop and execute first-class sponsorship campaigns
- Working with and managing rights holders large and small, helping deliver great client outcomes
- Hands-on contributions as part of production… on-site at shoots, activations, events
A little about you
You will have relevant qualifications in one or more of the following: Marketing, Advertising, Sports Management, Communications or Events Management and ideally have experience in an agency role. You’ll be passionate about brining marketing ideas to life. Your excellent communication skills, organisational skills, ability to manage deadlines and attention to detail will set you apart from other applicants.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in Account Management – including the execution of marketing communications (i.e. Content, Advertising, Sponsorship, Events) from brief to production delivery
- Proven experience in key stakeholder management, liaising with clients, internal teams and external agencies/suppliers
- Experience managing budgets and project timelines
- Strong project management skills, including process and procedures (e.g. critical paths, project plans)
- Willing to apply for or hold a valid ‘Working with Children Check’ and a current driver’s licence
As you will be involved with live events, shoots, activations etc., you will need to be prepared to work outside of ‘normal office hours’ on occasion.
Who is Gemba?
Gemba is the authority in sport and entertainment. We’re part of the Tenka Group, a leading independent consultancy boasting an enviable blue-chip client list, with offices in Melbourne, Sydney and London.
Gemba’s Communications Division brings insight and strategy to life to connect brands with fans through shared passion. We live and breathe sport and entertainment… so no one understands the sponsorship landscape like we do. It’s all about compelling ideas, authentically executed. As the authority in sport and entertainment, we know how to leverage real insight to create communications that stand out in the crowd and we’re dedicated to squeezing the most value out of every sponsorship opportunity for our clients.
Outstanding people and culture are at the heart of our business and we judge ourselves on actions and behaviours.
Our values of empathy, dynamism, discipline and integrity drive our business. More than just words in a vision document, we take our values seriously. We measure them, hold ourselves accountable and hire accordingly. We invest in our people, offering a wide range of employee benefits designed to provide a positive, professional, fun and inclusive workplace.
How to apply
Written applications including a CV and cover letter should be addressed to Elaine Passanha, People & Culture Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close Friday 13 August 2021
Gemba supports flexible working hours and will consider a job share for this role.
Gemba is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity and encourage people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or other protected characteristics or similar.
Recruitment Agencies, we appreciate the interest, but we’ve got this one covered. Thanks!
Note: You must be Sydney based and hold the right to live and work in Australia